What a fail! I did well for about 8 days but then…
This might seem like an odd post. Never in my life have I drunk enough water. I always had dry skin, was tired and had a little bit of extra weight. It is easy to find excuses for all of these, but I do know that drinking 8 glasses of water a day could help improve my health, my skin, my body, and my mind.
Although I have failed this challenge, I have learned a lot. Most of these might be obvious to most of you, but there is nothing like living it to believe it.
- You pee a lot. Like always. Your body has to get used to all this sudden intake of water!
- It is hard to create a new habit: Even if my bottle or my glass of water is in front of me the whole day, I was not drawn to drink it. After 30 days, it was still NOT a habit to drink more water
- My face was clear: I barely had pimple in high school, so life decided that I should have as an adult. However, when I drink my 8 glasses of water a day, for a few days in a row, my skin becomes super clear!
- I feel less tired: Perhaps because all my organs and muscles are fully hydrated, they are working better.
- My bowel movements are more frequent: Weird point I know, but I know I am not the only one who doesn’t go every day!
- Nicer skin: My skin looks healthier and is smoother!
- The more you drink the more you want to drink: It seems more I drank water the thirstier I was.
It takes 21 days to add a new habit in your life. Hopefully one day I will be able to drink enough water in my day.
Please let me know in the comments how you manage to drink enough water each day.